Insure your treasured instruments against accidental damage, loss, theft.
Insuring your instrument against loss, theft and damage is an essential part of its care. Instruments are fragile : they break. They are special : they get stolen. Musicians have busy lives : they lose them.
Insuring your instrument is the first step you should take for its care. When looking for an insurance company, one should ask the following questions :
Questions you should ideally get a “yes” answer to :
- Can I take my instrument out of my house?
- Can I take my instrument out of the country?
- Can I leave my instrument unattended in the car?
- Can I choose my own repairer?
Questions you should ideally get a “no” to :
- Would I need more than one estimate in case of damage?
- Would you choose a new instrument for me?
- Does the policy have an excess fee?
- Will you increase my premium if I claim?
And then you can ask about the premium! Musical instrument insurance is not usually expensive, and they tend to tick all the right boxes of the questions above. We strongly recommend your first criteria should be about the service rather than the cost.
We can value your instrument for insurance purposes, for no fee if you insure your instruments with one of the companies we introduce. Our valuation charges are usually £ 20 but sometimes more, depending on the amount of time and research involved.
CALL US ON 029 20 22 77 61 to book an appointment for your instrument valuation.
We cannot guarantee that we will be able to value your instruments without an appointment.